Again, this is a late post but I'm gonna keep documenting what we've done thus far. So, the first thing we did was survey all of the FPGA code to figure out how much space everything was taking up. See some pictures below for samples of the code base:
Based on compiler calculations:
So that's what we have to work with. One of the main things we've noticed is that there's alot of poorly initialized code that was left by the previous teams. There is also quite a bit of mixing of data types (e.g. multiplying Int32 numbers by fixed-point numbers). So we'll be working to change those. Stay tuned!
Gator Research Blog
Welcome to the Gator Research Blog for the Sprint 2016 semester! The aim of this research will be to develop the software to enable drive-by-wire on a John Deere Gator and to begin developing a system for generating depth-registered images. Follow our progress here!