So we started with the steer motor code. It looked like this when we started:
I realize those pictures are a little hard to read so I apologize for that. But if you look a little closely, there are places in the code where Int32 numbers are being multiplied by fixed-point numbers and many places where data types are being automatically coerced by labview to be compatible. We found this code to be poorly written and so began to try to rewrite this code to make it cleaner and less messy. The result is as follows:
As you might be able to see, what we have done is to clear up all the Int data types to ensure that all of the code uses fixed-point data types which is more FPGA-friendly.
As a result of these changes, we were able to save 4% of FPGA slice registers and 5% of slice LUTs. The newly modified VI now consumes just 8% of slice registers (down from 11.0%) and 10.1% of slice LUTs (down from 15.1%).
Gator Research Blog
Welcome to the Gator Research Blog for the Sprint 2016 semester! The aim of this research will be to develop the software to enable drive-by-wire on a John Deere Gator and to begin developing a system for generating depth-registered images. Follow our progress here!