Again, this is a late post but I'm gonna keep documenting what we've done thus far. So, the first thing we did was survey all of the FPGA code to figure out how much space everything was taking up. See some pictures below for samples of the code base:
Based on compiler calculations:
So that's what we have to work with. One of the main things we've noticed is that there's alot of poorly initialized code that was left by the previous teams. There is also quite a bit of mixing of data types (e.g. multiplying Int32 numbers by fixed-point numbers). So we'll be working to change those. Stay tuned!
So I realize this post is a little late but here it is! The research blog is back for the spring semester! I realize I was less than perfect with keeping the research blog updated but I'm planning to try really hard to keep this blog more up to date than I did last semester.
Last semester, we ended with integration problems on the FPGA. The main problem was that the existing code on the FPGA was consuming most of the available FPGA resources, which meant that we did not have sufficient resources to integrate the motor controller code for both tilt units onto the FPGA. So, this semester, the goal is to:
We'll see how much we get done!
Gator Research Blog
Welcome to the Gator Research Blog for the Sprint 2016 semester! The aim of this research will be to develop the software to enable drive-by-wire on a John Deere Gator and to begin developing a system for generating depth-registered images. Follow our progress here!