So I decided to double post this week to make up for the lack of posting in the past.
I'll start with what work has been done since the last update! The navigation team has started building a ROS-LabVIEW interface so that the lower-level LabVIEW code can interface with the higher-level ROS code that will handle path planning among other high-level functions. So the navigation team is chugging away on that.
Today, the terrain classification team managed to collect their first set of data! In order to avoid being held up by the lack of a generator, we built used very very simple terrain that already existed and then built ourselves a little rock patch to scan to see if we could classify rocky terrain. The LIDAR and camera data has now been collected for that so we will proceed to process that data and see what we can make of it in terms of terrain classification.
For reference, here are a couple of sample images from our data sets:
I also realized that I have never posted actual pictures of the vehicle. So, here's a couple of pictures of the vehicle!
And finally, to end off, here's a much clearer video of another brief drive-by-wire test we did today!
Gator Research Blog
Welcome to the Gator Research Blog for the Fall 2015 semester! The aim of this research will be to develop the software to allow a John Deere Gator to navigate a mini-baja-type course autonomously. Follow our progress here!